Why use the UN?
- International standard-setting;
- Shining a spotlight on human rights violations;
- Holding governments accountable;
- Bringing international support to national initiatives;
- Building support of high-level spokespeople and opinion leaders;
- Broadening the base of government support;
- International LGBT movement-building, coalition development and capacity enhancement;
- Engaging field presences and in-country support.
Read more about advancing LGBTI human rights via the UN.