ARC International shares articles from our staff.
- “A Success in 2016: The First UN Independent Expert on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity“. (By Arvind Narrain and Kim Vance)
- “The UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria: An Intersectional Analysis of its Jurisprudence on Disappearances, Sexual Violence and Genocide” seeks how the work of the Commission intersects with concerns around sexual violence, LGBT inclusion and the protection of the family resolution. (By Arvind Narrain)
- “Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity: A Necessary Conceptual Framework for Advancing Rights?” seeks to trace out the relatively recent history of the use of this language in international law and then seek to understand what this conceptual framework enables. (By Arvind Narrain)
- “Gender-motivated killings of women on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity” reports from a day-long expert group meeting convened by United Nations Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Rashida Manjoo. (By Kim Vance)
Download the report : Gender Motivated Killings ARC
- “Raising our Voices: Opening Global Spaces for Sexual and Gender Minorities” explores the visibility and influence of sexual and gender minorities within spaces of global politics and civil society mobilization, and “lessons learned” from the struggle. (By Kim Vance)
Read more here: Global Democracy paper: Raising our Voices