We would like to bring to your attention stories from around the world of endemic violence and hatred against LGBTI people for which impunity seems to be institutionalized.
The wanton and brutal killings at Orlando are only a reminder of the deep and pervasive violations of rights which LGBT communities around the world face. What can the UN system do to address these acts of senseless violence and work towards ensuring that these forms of violence are not anymore our everyday reality?
- Chair: Arvind Narrain, Arc International
- Joleen Brown Mataele, Tonga Leiti’s Association
- Fadi Saleh, Syrian LGBT activist
- Yahia Zaidi, Mantaqitna Network
- Sheherezade Kara, Human Rights Consultant
- John Fisher, Human Rights Watch
Venue: Room XXVII
Timing: 23.06.16, 15.00 – 16.30
This side event is co-sponsored by Arc International, Mantiqitna Network, Tonga Leitiis Association, COC Netherlands.