We are present at CSW62
ARC International had an active participation during the 62nd session of the Commission on the Status of Women.
“Human Rights Principles for the treatment of LGBTI rural women and people” was the side event ARC International co-hosted with OutRight Action International and Transgender Europe (TGEU).
The Yogyakarta Principles plus 10 are additional principles and state obligations on the application of international human rights law in relation to sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics (SOGIESC) to complement the Yogyakarta Principles. Throughout an amazing panel, the experts referred to the YP+10 and how they can be applied to rural LBTI women and people, particularly subjected to human rights violations.
When: March 19th, at 6.15 pm.
Where: Church Center for the United Nations, Second Floor.
- Cianan Russell, Transgender Europe
- Monica Tabengwa, Director, Pan Africa ILGA
- Kimberly Zieselman, Executive Director, InterACT
- Kim Vance, Executive Director, ARC International
- Siri May, UN Program Coordinator, OutRight Action International
Watch the event here.