ARC International organized a conference entitled “International Dialogue on Gender, Sexuality and Human Rights: Strategies for Change” which took place from December 9th to the 13th, 2004 in Geneva, Switzerland. Approximately 60 participants from 40 different countries took place in the Dialogue. The goals of this Dialogue were to:
- Develop agreed-upon principles for working together and some structure, e.g. working groups;
- Carry out some CHR-specific training;
- Engage with UN High Commissioner for Human Rights and key missions;
- Identify strategies re: Brazilian resolution on sexual orientation and human rights;
- Raise awareness of other CHR resolutions & identify lobbying priorities;
- Some engagement with Special Rapporteurs;
- Raise awareness of other international entry-points, e.g. International Criminal Court, UN Committees, Human Rights Committee, etc;
- Explore faith-based responses to human right issues;
- Identify regional priorities, and some engagement with key funders.
Read more here.