“Human Rights Principles for the treatment of LGBTI rural women and people”, side event ARC co-organized for the sixty-second session of the Commission on the Status of Women. Co-hosted by ARC International, Transgender Europe (TGEU), and OutRight Action International.
The Yogyakarta Principles plus 10 are additional principles and state obligations on the application of international human rights law in relation to sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression and sex characteristics (SOGIESC) to complement the Yogyakarta Principles. Throughout the panel, the experts will refer to how the YP+10 can be applied to rural LBTI women and people, particularly subjected to human rights violations
When: March 19th, at 6.15 pm.
Where: Church Center for the United Nations, Second Floor.
- Cianan Russell, Transgender Europe
- Monica Tabengwa, Director, Pan Africa ILGA
- Kimberly Zieselman, Executive Director, InterACT
- Kim Vance, Executive Director, ARC International
- Siri May, UN Program Coordinator, OutRight Action International